White Shaker Kitchen with Caesarstone Benchtop & Splashback
- Create more usable workspace.
- Maintain a double sink with a drainer on both sides.
- Include a dishwasher.
- Work to the existing footprint to ensure no patching of floors required.
- Ensure storage remained accessible. Cabinets not to extend too high.
- Create a lighter, brighter space that is in keeping with the style of the rest of the home.
- Ensure that the kitchen is easy to clean and maintain.
- Leave space in the centre of the kitchen for a table (no island).
This renovation of a 40-year-old kitchen was all about creating a brighter, more functional space for our client. The old kitchen was very dark with dated styling and limited bench space making food preparation very hard.
By repositioning the wall oven underneath the cooktop we were able to create a more open space with functional zones and much more usable workspace.
We complimented the white shaker cabinetry with a neutral stone benchtop and splash back. This created some contrast while maintaining a light and bright overall aesthetic.
The choice of satin white cabinetry and a stone splashback not only contributed to creating a modern, timeless design but also ensured the kitchen was easy to maintain and clean for our client.