Large White Shaker Kitchen with Island & Caesarstone Statuario Maximus Benchtop
- Radically change the layout of the space.
- Include 2 independent sinks, one to be in the island.
- Ensure that the kitchen is well proportioned in the available space.
- Include an oversized island.
- Design around the structural support column in the middle of the room.
- Create as much storage as possible.
- Create a functional space that is great for entertaining.
- Incorporate a breakfast nook.
- Include a display cabinet.
This project involved a challenging space with a central support pillar in the centre of the kitchen area. Our client wanted a grand kitchen, perfect for entertaining with an oversized island.
A key request was to include a second sink in the island which is not a common feature. This required significant work to the concrete slab and to the floor, post installation to patch the timber floorboards.
We opened up the original U-Shaped kitchen to create a huge island and extended the cabinetry on the back wall into what was a small unused area beneath a bay window. This created enough space to incorporate a large double sink and 90cm cooktop and still have substantial workspace between the 2 zones.